Shameless Brag

A wonderful surprise waited for me in my inbox this morning, my scoresheets returned from the Ohio Valley Romance Writers Sizzle Contest. They had sent word a couple of weeks ago that I finaled with _Thunder Jewel_ in the 'Sizzle' category, but it was really nice to get the scoresheets and see what the judges had to say.

I try to do a several contests a year, and don't have a lot of experience yet with the RWA contests, but I like getting the feed back from 'fresh eyes'. These judges did take the time to explain their scores and I greatly appreciate that, especially in combination with the comments returned with the scene.

So I'm off to Dallas next week for the RWA National Covention where I'll be pitching Thunder Jewel as well as a couple of others - so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Leah Braemel said...

Oh, definitely I'll be wishing you luck - crossing my fingers, my toes, my eyes.

Squee, only a few more days before I'm in your neck of the woods. I can't wait to see you in person!